Since YouTube has countless hours of content, nothing beats it for free entertainment. The only problem is, the site doesn't allow you to download videos. But don't despair because we have the solution for that!
Here on SaveNow, you can convert your favorite YouTube videos to MP4 without limits. Our site also has other features you will find helpful. The conversions and downloads are swift and straightforward, thanks to our technology.
Start and save now as many videos as you want on your device with our online tool for free. That way, you can store your videos forever.
- Standard format. MP4 is a universal format supported natively by all devices and media players. It's the main video format used for multimedia distribution, after all. This means you will never have issues when playing an MP4 file; any modern device can open it.
- Small file size. MP4 has compression technology, which reduces the file size while keeping an acceptable video quality. Its compression capabilities make it the best for streaming content over the Internet.
- Support of data. MP4 format supports many types of data besides audio and video. MP4 files can have text, metadata, and still images. That means you can add subtitles and interactive menus to MP4.
- Open format. MP4 became an open format recently. That means you can use it for commercial purposes for free.
- Lossy Format. MP4 uses lossy compression. That means it lessens the file's quality to reduce the file's size. In comparison to uncompressed or lossless video formats, MP4 quality is not high.
- Hard to edit. MP4 format is not good for editing. This makes it not suitable to produce master recordings.
How to convert videos from YouTube to MP4
- Look up the video you want to download on YouTube.
- Copy and paste the YouTube video URL on the box above.
- Select MP4 as the output format.
- Click on download.
What is the MP4 format?
Officially known as MPEG-4 Part 14, MP4 is a standard multimedia container format. It can store audio, video, text, still images, and metadata. The format is the most used container for digital multimedia distribution.
MP4 was extended from QuickTime File Format. It was developed by the International Organization for Standardization and released in 2001. Its filename extension is .mp4.
The MP4 allows streaming on the Internet.
As a container format, the MP4 is not the data itself. It's more like a wrapper. MP4 contains the data streams and embeds them into a single file.
What formats can MP4 store?
The MP4 container can store data streams in several formats.
Regarding video data, MP4 tends to contain video in HEVC and AVC formats. The format mainly comprises audio streams in AAC format and supports ALAC, FLAC, MP3, and others.
Does MP4 support 4K resolutions?
Yes, the MP4 format supports HD content and beyond. It can contain video in resolutions as high as 8K.
Can Windows 10 convert YouTube videos to MP4?
Windows 10 PCs can't convert YouTube to MP4 or any other formats natively. But that doesn't mean you can't do that with Windows devices.
PCs with Windows 7 to 10 users can use SaveNow to convert and download videos with no issue.
You can also use SaveNow with Mac computers, Linux computers, and Chromebook laptops.
Can Google Chrome download YouTube videos as MP4 files?
Google Chrome can't convert and download YouTube videos to MP4 by itself. But you can use Google Chrome to access online tools like SaveNow.
You can also access our tool from Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Silk Browser, Opera, and all chromium-based browsers.
Are MPEG-4 and MP4 the same?
Although they are related terms, no, MPEG-4 and MP4 are not the same.
MPEG-4 is a method of compression of audio and video data. It encompasses various codecs or compressed formats that use said method, including MP4. In contrast, MP4 is a container format part of the MPEG-4 group.
Where is SaveNow available?
SaveNow is an online YouTube to MP4 downloader you can use worldwide. Our site doesn't have any kind of geo-restrictions.
Does SaveNow support mobile devices?
Yes, SaveNow supports mobile devices. Our tool is a mobile-friendly online converter. Unlike other platforms, when more people access the Internet with mobile devices, we don't restrict mobile devices when more people use them to access the Internet. Whether it's a phone or a tablet, you can download videos from YouTube with them here.
SaveNow is available for iPhones, iPads, Amazon Fire tablets, and Android phones, and tablets.
Does SaveNow download HD content?
Yes, you can use SaveNow to download HD content from YouTube. The best thing is, you don't have to pay to have access to that feature. All SaveNow features are free.
With our tool, you can download videos in the resolution that suits you better. The video resolution can be as low as 360p or as high as 8K.
Is it secure to convert videos to MP4 with SaveNow?
It's %100 safe to use SaveNow to convert your favorite videos from YouTube to MP4 or other formats.
Our tool is regularly tested to keep the platform free of all kinds of cyber threats. You will never face phishing threats or malware when downloading with our tool. Regarding privacy, we don't share your data with third parties because we don't collect any data related to your downloads and conversions.