At Savenow.to, you can find one of the best tools on the web to convert videos from YouTube to many formats. And now it's possible to convert YouTube content to the M4A format in seconds quite easily here. And we allow you to download with our platform the converted videos as well, so you can have your favorite videos always at hand.
So if you're interested in converting YouTube videos to M4A files, our site will help you considerably. And in case you don't know how to convert the videos, don't worry, you'll learn how to do it here!
What is M4A?
Before explaining to you what the M4A format precisely is, we must tell you it's part of the MPEG family. It's actually the younger and improved "brother" of the MP3 format.
That said, the MPEG-4 is a multimedia format that contains both compressed video and audio. The MPEG-4 is commonly known as MP4, the famous compressed video format. Therefore, M4A and MP4 files are the same in a sense. But there is a difference: M4A are audio-only files, whereas the MP4 files contain both audio and video. The reason behind the name change was to differentiate the video MPEG-4 files from the audio-only MPEG-4 ones.
Developed by Apple in 2001, M4A uses Advanced Audio Coding (or AAC) to encodes audio and achieve lossy compression, which reduces size files a lot. However, you can find lossless M4A files, which use Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC) to keep audio quality immaculate. But when talking about the M4A format, people commonly speak about compressed audio files, as this format is more used for that.
And if you're wondering how standard this format is, consider that the iTunes store provides songs in this format. Likewise, most devices support M4A files natively.
M4A vs. MP3
Which is better?
MP3 is the universal king of formats when it comes to usage. Even today, MP3 is the most used format for music and audio distribution. However, not for that is the best audio format out there.
Created as the successor to the MP3, the M4A format is qualitatively better than its predecessor in many things. For starters, the audio-only MPEG-4 files show a better audio quality than MP3 files at the same bitrate. In other words, M4A files sound better than MP3 ones. And it has other advantages over the classic MP3 format, like:
- M4A counts with better compression technology. That allows that M4A files are smaller than MP3, even when at the same bitrate. This means that M4A offers better audio quality at a smaller size than MP3.
- It supports lossless compression.
- It allows encryption (An encrypted M4A file takes the .M4P file extension).
So, when it comes to converting YouTube videos, the M4A format is an excellent option without a doubt. It is better than MP3 in every way.
How to convert videos from YouTube to M4A
The time has come to show you how to handle our YouTube to M4A converter. You'll notice immediately that few things are more straightforward than converting YouTube videos to M4A with our tool. The reason is, the platform was designed to be fast and straightforward. That way, everyone can use it regardless of their computing knowledge.
Also, you'd be glad to know that the conversion process is incredibly quick. Once it starts, it ends in seconds. So you'll have the video converted and stored in your device almost in the blink of an eye.
To convert and download YouTube videos to M4A, you have to:
- Look up the video you wish to download from YouTube.
- Copy and paste the video's URL on the box above.
- Choose M4A as the format output.
- Hit the download button.
For our incredible simplicity and speed, we invite you to use our YouTube M4A converter. You'll be satisfied with the service.
Why convert and download videos from YouTube
Although YouTube is excellent for listening to music and podcasts, there are many reasons to convert and download videos from YouTube using our platform to enjoy content offline.
Let's see them in detail:
- No need for a connection. When the file is on your device, you don't need an Internet connection to view it. It's there at your disposition anytime and anywhere. Therefore, you're free to listen to your favorite songs even when an Internet connection is not available.
- No ads. Once you convert and download a YouTube video, the ads stay on the Internet. So you can enjoy it without the annoying interruptions that advertisements entail.
- No lag. If your Internet connection is slow or unstable, you know lag can be a real pain. But it disappears entirely and forever if you download the video first and play it offline.
Is it safe to convert YouTube videos to M4A using Savenow.to?
The answer is a resounding yes.
Savenow.to is a reliable platform to convert and download videos from YouTube.v The reason behind that is that we test our site regularly to keep any cyber threat outside the website. Likewise, we comply with Google's security standards.
Don't worry about anything when converting YouTube videos to M4A format because you're completely safe here at Savenow.to.